It's sad to be leaving these lovely islands where we have been so warmly welcomed. But, unfortunately, time presses on and we have just 3 weeks to get to Reykjavik. So, with a good forecast, we got the anchor at 10:00 Sunday to catch the north going tide in the hope that we get a tidal boost towards the Arctic.
It had rained overnight and the fresh green hillsides were washed and thinly veiled in mist.
With a very light north westerly we motored gently to the north west hoping that the forecast switch to north easterly wind will materialise. If the forecast is right then in an hour or two we should have the wind on our beam all the way to Seydisfjordur. We will see!