- ► 2017 (88)
- ► 2016 (88)
- Short trip to secure winter berth
- The bad weather catches up with us
- Sunset and journey's end
- Iceland's westerly point
- Down wind to Reykjavik
- Just 172 miles to Greenland!
- The generation game
- Fresh baked bread and a short day to Isafjorder
- The far north west
- Pressing on westwards whilst the wind is right
- It just gets better and better!
- R&R in Husavik
- ▼ August (15)
- ► 2009 (28)
Friday, 14 August 2015
Short trip to secure winter berth
A short cruise today imperfectly timed to coincide with heavy rain. At least the wind had died when we reversed into our winter berth tied up alongside Vilborg to port and with the museum's coast guard cutter to starboard. Ultra secure and a cafe 20 metres away. Perfect.
The only downside is Ronnie's mobile phone leaped out of his breast pocket as he was securing the lines and is now on the seabed 3m below the keel.
We will be back to check on the boat for a long weekend in 5 weeks.