- ► 2017 (88)
- Link to Google+ photo Album
- Drone photography
- A link to a 15 minute slideshow of our summer crui...
- A gentle sail back to Reykjavik
- Downhill to Reykjavik
- "No Pressure" -a blog by Rod.
- Shimshal's good looks make her a minor celebrity i...
- Anchorages in Scoresby Sound and Turner Island 201...
- Our last Greenland anchorage
- They greeted us when we arrived and waved us goodb...
- A sad farewell
- Hard rocky bottoms
- Henry Land
- Suited and booted for the brief Arctic night
- Fwd: Ocean Cruising
- Heading South
- A Farewell to Scoresby Sound
- photos from the last 24 hours
- Rod and Denzil sounding the route into a new ancho...
- The lesser northern diver
- photos of the last 48 hours
- Even Further North - Sydkap 71 17N
- Today Shimshal found her limits
- Some fishermen are more successful than others
- Idyllic anchorage but with a rock hard bottom -Har...
- Driving the wrong way down a motorway
- Shimshal's Deck Saloon
- Jyttes Havn panorama from above
- photos of and around Jyettes Havn
- A day ashore on Bear Island
- Our Furthest North: 71 06N 25 39W
- The scenery just keeps hetting better and better
- Sailing downwind for the first time. North to Jyet...
- Blue sky, sparkling sea and brilliant white bergs
- ▼ August (34)
- ► 2009 (28)
Monday, 1 August 2016
Blue sky, sparkling sea and brilliant white bergs
After lunch of delectable fresh baked bread risen with our, now patented, electric blanket technique, we went to get the anchor up and had another minor crisis. The starboard throttle was flashing red and wouldn't work. Luckily the port one was fine so we motored out of the bay and set sail for the northern end of Bear Island. With the engine off we opened up the control box and pressed the error cancel button whereupon everything sprung back into life. Yelps of joy as we ran downwind dodging the bergs at a safe, genoa only, pace.
For now the boat appears to be fully functional and we can sit back and enjoy a fine, sunny downwind sail amongst the islands, mountains and icebergs.