- Bottom scrub and prop polish
- On our way and in our wake
- Three happy sailors have escaped harbour
- The starting gun has gone off
- Springs and brushes
- Rugged Ships
- Tea and toilet paper
- The ice is back and the whole coast is closed to p...
- How do taxi drivers get away with it?
- Video of our OCC BBQ at Traighuaine
- Just a few days to go
- ▼ July (11)
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2009 (28)
Tuesday, 18 July 2017
There are some rugged ships mustering in Isafjordur waiting for Greenland's ice to retreat. Most are built specifically for high latitudes out of steel or aluminium and come complete with equally rugged skippers.
A good boat job day on board SHIMSHAL yesterday with a new throttle systems installed and most provisioning done. Many thanks to Heime who loaned Sally his 4x4 for her big shop.
Fewer jobs to do today so after that it's down to the weather and the ice.