- ► 2016 (88)
- Short trip to secure winter berth
- The bad weather catches up with us
- Sunset and journey's end
- Iceland's westerly point
- Down wind to Reykjavik
- Just 172 miles to Greenland!
- The generation game
- Fresh baked bread and a short day to Isafjorder
- The far north west
- Pressing on westwards whilst the wind is right
- It just gets better and better!
- R&R in Husavik
- ▼ August (15)
- ► 2009 (28)
Saturday, 1 August 2015
R&R in Husavik
It's our third port in Iceland and our second swimming pool. Open air this time which would have been a challenge this far north were it not for Iceland's abundance of energy. We must be on our cleanest cruise yet!
We have now checked out the whale museum, 3 cafés and one restaurant so not bad in 24 hours.
We were tied up in front of Boandaro, a U.K. Boat, now heading homeward after a thwarted trip to East Greenland. The ice chart and key pasted below explains why they were thwarted.